* My apologies for not publishing this earlier! This was supposed to be posted 2 weeks ago!
Been given the opportunity by NDPeeps,Claudia from 24seven, it was definitely a pleasure to be able to be one of the first hundreds (ok, maybe thousands) to be able to watch their rehearsals before the preview and the actual. And without further ado, let the pictures share my thoughts!
Note: Spoilers ahead. Very spoilt ones (some).
The group of lucky fans who managed to watch this together!
Thats me and Pinky (the 1 with pink Canon Ixus camera). The only odd ones out of the others in the same row because we’re the only ones wearing white!
And something new this year the committee has decided to try out?
Pole Dancing. Exotic isn’t it?
What I like about this year’s Parade:
- New formation used for salute. I like the navys’ firing than the usual artillery firing. We always don’t get to see the actual artilleries and they use it every year. Time for a change, good change.
- Song remixes. Instead of the boring and usual themes you listen every year, they mixed it around! Pleasantly enough.
- The Chinook above the water surface that cause waves on the water; the effect is fucking great. How I wish I was right there at the Merlion!
- Sudden news broke off about Singapore being attacked. The defence forces of Singapore came out and showcase their vigilance. (Abit Wayang but hey, its better than those boring parades that we watch every year, at least they shown the others how we make use of our equipment to defend Singapore)
- Fireworks. (All time favourite)
- An all new marina wave? They say raise up your cameras or handphones like the kallang wave.
- Very creative and innovative lights and decorations.
So what are the things that I dont really like about this year’s Parade?
- I find the LCD panel inbetween between the stage and the actual is not very ‘obvious’ at times and can cause distractions. Distracts me away from the performance, really.
- As usual, inaccessibility again. Where to park car? Simple, don’t drive unless you wanna get jammed in/out of the show.
- Imagine the filtering process for audience on temperature due to H1N1, its gona take hell loads of time and patience. Today was excellent because the crowd was little.
- Colors of the spotlights, sometimes too red, sometimes too blue.. (too strong!) Moderation is better.
Here are some of the pictures taken with my humble Canon 400D, Tamron 18-200mm f3.5 – f6.3 and 28-75 f2.8 (for night shots): not arranged in any order!
(yeah, I know its blur =( i didnt bring my tripod because my girl has a bandage on her leg!)
See what the other blogger says!