Hi smokers. This post has got some denial against smokers thus if you’re feeling unfair, its meant the way it is.
First of all, yes, Im a social smoker, too. Like you smokers, I used to smoke when I was in school, with my friends, superiors at work and nightlife. I used it as a socialising tool like how you guys used facebook in order to have some connection with some friends; I used it as a destressing tool so that I feel better each time the methol goes smoothly into my throat and the sensation of smoking after eating is like peeing immediately after drinking. Okay, I lied. I still smoke sometimes and thats why Im called a social smoker.
What has encouraged me to write this post and create more awareness is because everytime I saw young kids out there smoking, thinking the adults did that too and they should do that too and not thinking about the consequences. Witnessing the older ones smoking outside the shopping centers, I did my personal reflection as to why I should write this post to DISCOURAGE my friends from smoking. Its just a simple word; HEALTH. Health is something wealth can’t buy. Think about this:
- For you ladies, do you wanna have cervical cancer and cause your vaginal to be rotten or sealed?
- Flat breast? Think about your remaining days with your black lungs.
- Bald head? Is hat the thing you want to wear until your last breath?
- Bad breath? I hate the smokers who sit besides me on train. those regular smokers stinks to the CORE. HEAR ME!
- Rather die as a smoker than a passive smoker? think about the neighbourhood that has banned regular smokers. we’re smokefree in most areas now and we won’t die as a passive smoker if we don’t go near smokers.
- Do your parents even know about you smoking? aren’t you guilty to reach home in that disgusting cigarette smell even your parents do not question you? Or you just blame it on some pubs or friends?
- So you’ve got the moolahs and time, you want to spend on chemotherapying? why not spend it in message spas and facial salons? Get into some real decent hobby and pay for it!
- Your lifespan don’t last over 60. Face it. you’ll never see your grand children grow up!
- Its an irresponsible behaviour. Your escape by smoking is an addition to the pain you will suffer in time to come and your family members are the real ones who are affected because they will lose you.
We all know whats right and whats wrong, but whats stopping us? The Singapore Stress or socialising tool!? But this is not a reason to smoke, its just an excuse. Thats for me for smoking and writing an anti-smoking post. *headshot*
Viola, Im going back to facebooking.
Update: for you ladies, I just saw on wikipedia that the symptons for cervical cancer:
The early stages of cervical cancer may be completely asymptomatic. Vaginal bleeding, contact bleeding or (rarely) a vaginal mass may indicate the presence of malignancy. Also, moderate pain during sexual intercourse and vaginal discharge are symptoms of cervical cancer. In advanced disease, metastases may be present in the abdomen, lungs or elsewhere.
Symptoms of advanced cervical cancer may include: loss of appetite, weight loss, fatigue, pelvic pain, back pain, leg pain, single swollen leg, heavy bleeding from the vagina, leaking of urine or faeces from the vagina, and bone fractures.
Sounds gross and sick. go PICTURE IT and drill in your heads!